From the user’s point of view, Internet traffic can be inbound and outbound. Money in this case will be the units of measurement of information – bytes, megabytes, etc. When you perform any actions on the Internet, the computer sends or downloads data. This exchange is called Internet paid traffic.
Do you need new customers? Want to find them on the Internet? Rational decision. Do you even know what to attract people to your site with? Do you know what paid traffic sources exist? Let’s find out!
Paid traffic is the definition of the visitors that you have attracted to the site for a certain price. That is, you pay directly for each person who clicked on the advertising link and opened your page – it’s one of the best paid traffic sources’ methods.
Paid traffic sites allow purchasing in almost any quantity! In order to generate a large amount of free paid targeted traffic, you need to either have an informational reason or build up your presence on the network for a long time and painstakingly. Accordingly, if the company only recently came to the Internet, the only way to get customers quickly in a short time is to buy traffic at the targeted traffic sources.
The main channels of paid traffic are:
- Contextual advertising – advertising that is shown either at the request of the user in the issuance of a search engine or on sites. It corresponds to the subject of the site or the interests of the user
- Targeted advertising is an advertisement that is shown in social networks based on data about the user of the network (gender, age, place of residence, interests)
- Teaser ads are small bright banners with defiant signs that encourage the user to navigate through them. Placed on different sites, as a rule, blocks of banners
- Price areas are unique shopping centers of the Internet, where many online stores are gathered under one roof
- Display advertising – advertising using classic advertising banners. Basically effective for increasing brand awareness, creating demand and maintaining loyalty.
On what basis can you purchase paid traffic? There are several main ways:
- CPM (payment per 1000 ad shows. Actively used in teaser and display ads)
- CPC (payment not for the showing but for clicking on the ad. It is actively used in contextual advertising and price lists)
- CPA (payment for a given lead, that is, for a person who is already interested in becoming a client).
The most common among them is CPC (cost-per-click), as it allows you to pay only for people who have switched to the site.
The main advantage of paid traffic over other types of Internet promotion is speed (you can quickly set up an advertising campaign and get customers just as quickly). In comparison with traditional advertising, you have the low cost (entry threshold is low) and controllability. Each company can launch an advertising campaign, get the required number of visitors to the site and then, based on statistics, improve their performance.
Of course, there are drawbacks to this method – this approach is sometimes difficult to understand for a non-specialist. You need to approach it very carefully; otherwise, there is a risk to spend a lot of money without getting the desired result. And yet, for most companies, the question is not whether to purchase traffic or not but how to do it.
To always have access to the Internet, you need to monitor the amount of traffic. This can be done using the built-in settings on the device or special programs.
Web traffic is an indicator of resource’s popularity.
Based on this indicator, the analyst can predict the growing popularity of the site. The specialist assesses the effectiveness of promotion methods. For example, contextual advertising was launched. Money was invested in it. To understand whether the costs are justified, you need to estimate the traffic that came to the resource through this advertising channel.